2014年11月3日星期一
Party of 50 Cents
Everyone in mainland must has heard a name 'party of 50 cents' which is 5毛党 in Chinese. This group of people write article on line in order to praise some organizations or things and get reward from that organization or company. In general, these people get 50 cents for one article so we call them 'Party of 50 Cents'. There is great demand of 'Party of 50 Cents' that we often receive messages from strangers on social media platform say ' Do you want to earn money just at home? There is a good job for you!'. Usually that advertisement is to recruit people to write high evolution on goods in Taobao shops. Basically there is a rule named 'Winner Takes All', consumers like to choose goods have highest volume of sales and highest evolution. So shop owners employ some people to make their shops look like very popular and have high quality. This phenomenon can date back to last few classes teacher taught us that people's feeling and conscious would dramatically influenced by others. As people's vigilance is more and more strong, most of the time they can detect which is real comment and which is not wisely. Benefit derived from this cheating actions is decreasing.
订阅:
博文评论 (Atom)
Luckily, there are ranking system for users in most of the famous social platform. Even if there is no ranking system in your platform, you can still determine whether a user is trusty or not by looking at his attributes like number of post, timestamp for account creation etc. Although I know some companies have a tons of high ranking (in terms of posts, timestamp of account creation) accounts for pushing items, this is a rare case at all.
回复删除By the way, I love the example of 'party of 50 cents'.
Even there is ranking system on the social platform, sometimes the truth of the ranking list is not reliable, or people may not be willing to trust it before they check the comments by themselves. However, most of the things on the Internet are something like 'believe it or not', it is enough to have a self-judgment.
删除This group of people not only cause trouble for users, but also cause a lot of garbage data and influence the outcome of our both sentiment analyzing and frequency analyzing. Maybe I should delete the repeating comments from 50 cents, but the degree to determine whether it is sent from a 50 cents or a normal person is the main problem.
回复删除Everyone hates 'party of 50 cents', include themselves. It is not possible to stop this because of the freedom of speech in China. Currently, the best solution of this is developing smart soft or program to select the repeating comments. I believe you can do that.
删除I have noticed that there are many cheating ways to increase the good comments on TaoBao. People relay on what the former buyer's comments for they know nothing about the merchant. TaoBao system on the one hand, relays on the bisects of rules, and on the other hand, builds Anti-Spoofing model. Maybe I have been cheated by TaoBao's comment for I used to buy goods on it. Haha.
回复删除The method I use in Taobao to avoid being cheated is only see the bad reviews. Maybe there are many malicious bad reviews, which may cause me to miss the good things, but you know Taobao has tons of stores, finally I can buy a really good one.
删除It is so funny of the phenomenon in your blog. I have received the advertisement too. It bothered me a lot so I closed the comment from strangers.
回复删除